CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

1.4.20

Skills Improvement during Quarantine

I felt my quarantine experience both in Jakarta and also in Malang since I found my skills are improving because of this quarantine. As the novel coronavirus outbreaks around the world, people are forced to stay at home to reduce the spread of the virus and is also to applied to Indonesia. At first, I actually felt surprised and terrified when there was an increased number of people who are positive for Covid-19, especially I was already in Jakarta at that time. 

I went to Jakarta for a competition and also to visit my home there on March 13th, 2020. Indonesian Government already made a regulation for people to only stay at their home and keep our hands clean by washing our hands, so I didn't go to as much place as usual in Jakarta. On my third days in Jakarta, I decided to see my old junior high school friends in Depok. Actually, at first I felt nervous and overwhelmed by what the media portrayed about the virus. However, I keep saying to myself for always think positive, always wash my hand or not touch anything when I go out. So, yeah, I'm using my time with my junior high school friends and it also only lasted for 2 hours since we didn't want to be outside for so long. Things that I recognized about the roads situation in Jabodetabek was the traffic was not as poor as usual, it is a good thing which means most of people in Jakarta already obey the rules of stay at home. The next day and so on, I decided to stay at my home in Jakarta until I went back to Malang. During my quarantine in Jakarta, I found out that my reading skills improved. Luckily, I bring some of my book to Jakarta so I have more time to read all of those, because it seems like I always have no time to read a book in Malang. One of my favourite book that I've read called, "The Things You Can See Only When You Slow Down" by Haemin Sunim. The book is really amazing for self-improvement also for self-love for everyone! The book contains 8 chapters about life, love, friendship, failure and the readers are forced to read it slowly to reflect more on themselves. I've read it for 5 days and it enlightens me soooo much :') I do really love Haemin's writings because his words are really beautiful and he speaks to the reader in a clear way possible ❤️ The book is more like not telling people to do something, but it is more encouraging people to reflect more on themselves. The best message from this book is to make us realize to slow down from this busy world and be more aware our surroundings :) I can guarantee by reading this book can make your day a lovely one, promise!

Here are some of my favourite quotes from the book, 
“Don’t struggle to heal your wounds. Just pour time into your heart and wait. When your wounds are ready, they will heal on their own.”
“If someone looks perfect, then that is because you don’t know the person very well.”
“Your freedom is more important than money. It is better to live the kind of life you want than to earn more and be constrained. Don’t sell your freedom.”




On March 20th, I went back to Malang with my family and directly did self-quarantine in my home. I have already stayed at home in Malang for about 12 days and I found my another skill is improving too, which is my cooking skill. Despite doing the assignments from online class, to make me reduce my boredom and stress is through cooking. It was super fun to found a new recipe and directly try it in the kitchen :D I have cooked sauteed mushroom chicken, fried chicken, spaghetti bolognaise and fettucini carbonara. The process that still makes me remember is fettucini carbonara, since it is my first time to cook it but it's good actually! The ingredients are not really difficult, I will add a picture that contains the ingredients in it, and it also only took for 30 minutes!! It is soo easy just like making spaghetti bolognaise, guys! What makes it differ from spaghetti is the sauce, you don't have to cook for the fettucini sauce. In addition, when making pasta, the key is to cook it with the level pasta of being pasta al dente. It means when pasta is cooked al dente, it means that the level of pasta is soft but still chewy to bitten. I usually cook the pasta for 5-7 minutes to reach that pasta al dente and it works! So, here is some of my cooking activity that I have captured : 




To conclude, in react to the stay at home movement due to the novel coronavirus, I found it exciting yet also challenging being in the house for so long. However, it leads me to improving my skills and I'm really happy with that because it means I'm being productive. I think all we need to do while staying at home is to discover more about something that we like, because it might leads us to do positive activity and improving our skills. Just like what Haemin Sunim said, eventhough the worldd moves fast, but it doesn't mean we have to, it can also mean that it is a reminder from the world for us to take a rest. :) So, by this virus we need to slow down a little bit to reflect more in our life and be grateful for everything.

1 komentar: